[Minutes] 2015-08-12

As per usual routine, the minutes of today's call are at

A text snapshot is provided below.

           Spatial Data on the Web Working Group Teleconference

12 Aug 2015


       [2] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20150812

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2015/08/12-sdw-irc


           kerry, Frans, LarsG, phila, eparsons, Kostas, SimonCox,
           MattPerry, billroberts, ChrisLittle, ahaller2, Linda,

           Rachel, Andrea, Jeremy, Payam




      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Patent Call
          2. [6]new member
          3. [7]UCR
          4. [8]Use Cases and Requirements: ISSUE-14 Not clear Time
             req. - temporal reasoning and relations (xsd formats)
          5. [9]Best Practice Issues as raised by Jeremy in email
             and expanded on t

    <trackbot> Date: 12 August 2015

    <kerry> thanks lars!

    <kerry> regrests+ stefan lemme

    <kerry> scribe?

    <scribe> scribe: eparsons

    <kerry> [10]http://www.w3.org/2015/08/05-sdw-minutes.html

      [10] http://www.w3.org/2015/08/05-sdw-minutes.html

    <kerry> approve minutes?

    <kerry> +1

    <SimonCox> +1

    <Linda> +1

    <phila> PROPOSED: Accept last week's minutes

    <Frans> +1 to minutes

    <phila> +1

    <Kostas> +1

    <billroberts> +1

    <phila> RESOLVED: Accept last week's minutes

Patent Call

    <kerry> [11]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Patent_Call

      [11] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Patent_Call

    <SimonCox> Kerry having a go at 'sledging'

    Patent call for OGC - any claims speak up !

new member

    <scribe> New member - Dickson from Malaysia


Use Cases and Requirements: ISSUE-14 Not clear Time req. - temporal
reasoning and relations (xsd formats)

    <Frans> Link to the issue:

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/issues/14

    Frans to lead discussion

    <phila> issue-14?

    <trackbot> issue-14 -- Not clear Time req. - temporal reasoning
    and relations (xsd formats) -- open

    <trackbot> [13]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/issues/14

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/issues/14

    Frans: Issue 14 oldest issue - Req

    <Frans> New requirement: "OWL Time should be updated to conform
    to the 2012 update of OWL datatypes."

    Frans: Happy to vote on new req at this point

    <SimonCox> ... however, OWL-Time already uses non-OWL datatypes
    as well, so has the horse bolted?

    Frans: 3rd Req temporal relationships related to OWL time

    <Frans> Possible new requirement: "There should be support for
    temporal relationships (Allen's interval algebra)."

    Frans: Discussion already in OWL time does this need to be an
    additional req ?

    <kerry> suggest change owl datatypes to xsd datatypes in

    Kerry: XSD data type as suggested by simoncox

    <phila> [14]XML Schema Part 2: Datatypes Second Edition

      [14] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/

    <phila> W3C Recommendation 28 October 2004

    Simoncox: Just pointing out the confusion in OWL 2.0 time, one
    XSD was accepted - but not yet consistent

    Kerry: Should allow for updates to OWL time and XSD

    <SimonCox> [15]http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-2/

      [15] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-2/

    Simoncox: XSD latest link posted

    Frans: Suggested Req please in IRC ?

    Phila: New datatypes OK, but not extending XSD ?

    <SimonCox> 1. There is an alignment issue to be resolved or at
    least clarified

    <Frans> How about "OWL Time should be updated to conform recent
    changes in related standards (e.g. OWL and XSD)"

    Kerry: OWL time has some of XSD types - but old XSD data types

    <SimonCox> 2. nevertheless, OWL-Time relies on a 'temporal
    reasoner' so already goes beyond OWL.

    <kerry> OWL Time should be updated to consistent to the 2012
    update of OWL datatypes and 2012 update of xsd datatypes

    Kerry: Proposal above...

    <phila> PROPOSED: OWL Time should be updated to align with the
    2012 update of OWL datatypes and 2012 update of xsd datatypes

    <ahaller2> +1

    <LarsG> I guess that a requirement to update OWL DL to accept
    further temporal datatypes is out of scope for this group...

    Phila: Make sure backwards compatible

    <kerry> +1

    <Frans> +1

    <phila> +1

    <Linda> +1

    <MattPerry> +1

    <ChrisLittle> +1


    <Kostas> +1

    <LarsG> +1

    <phila> RESOLVED: OWL Time should be updated to align with the
    2012 update of OWL datatypes and 2012 update of xsd datatypes

    Kerry: Do we need temporal relationships ?
    ... Does not think so..

    Frans: Agreed sets Dangerous precedent

    Chris muted

    <SimonCox> Perhaps acknowledge that Allen's temporal
    relationships are already in OWL-Time, bound to the class

    ChrisLittle: Jump from time coordinates to calendar could be a

    Kerry: proposal to avoid ?

    Chrislittle: OGC working on a BP

    Kerry: Time special meeting in the future ?

    Chrislittle: Chris Tucker might be interested

    Chris tucker of Map Story

Best Practice Issues as raised by Jeremy in email and expanded on t


      [16] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/BP_Consolidated_Narratives

    Kerry: Intro end of last week
    ... Next steps requested by Jeremy
    ... "cross-reference these common themes with those in the Data
    on the Web Best Practice (editors draft) to determine overlap
    (if any) - we want to avoid duplication


    <joshlieberman> kerry, please post link again. irc froze on me.


      [17] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/BP_Consolidated_Narratives

    Kerry: Second task "make sure we are consistent with the
    Architecture of the web (Volume One)"

    <ahaller2> what is the deadline for that?

    Kerry: Everyone clear ? Volunteers ??
    ... Deadline next week
    ... Not a big job..

    Billroberts: Can you clarify tasks ?

    Kerry: Next steps 1 + 2 in Doc, and cross reference links to
    bottom of doc

    <ahaller2> i volunteer for assignment of identifiers to
    ‘real-world things’ & information resources




      [19] http://philarcher1.github.io/dwbp/bp.html#DataIdentification

    Phila: Approach taken by other group

    <billroberts> I'll put my hand up for "publishing data with
    clear semantics"

    Phila: Begins with general blub... Defining URI's etc
    ... Links to BP elsewhere... for example persistent URI's with
    ... More to add not specifically real world objects - but
    discuss later

    Kerry: need to track changes of external links

    <Linda> I volunteer for 'enabling discovery'

    Phila: F2F next month, BP stable by TPAC

    Kerry: By next monday if possible,
    ... Linda - discovery, Bill Publishing, Armin IDs ?

    <phila> [20]DWBP

      [20] http://w3c.github.io/dwbp/bp.html

    Phila: Main Doc link..

    Kerry: expressing geo /temporal info anyone ?

    <ChrisLit> me for temporal

    <phila> Something else, ahaller2, see
    [21]http://www.w3.org/wiki/HttpRange14Webography... and weep

      [21] http://www.w3.org/wiki/HttpRange14Webography...

    <ChrisLit> Ok

    Kerry: Exposing Data via API's ?
    ... Linking data ??
    ... Task to cross reference from other documents

    <ChrisLit> me/ I will be on leave, offline, next week too

    Kerry: please try to complete by next week
    ... others if you can add your name - I will pick one

    eparsons: data via API's

    Kerry: I will do linking datat

    <Frans> I have a general question about the BP deliverable

    Frans: General question - Top down approach from narratives -
    what about bottom up writing up a single BP to start ?

    Kerry: Not top down - analysis of use cases thus bottom up -
    editors choice to do this but could be possible
    ... Sapporo - SVG discussion and WoT lined up
    ... Interactions with other groups important
    ... Please register ASAP

    ChrisLittle: SVG might be a year away from Geo use..

    <SimonCox> Also note that there is a 1.75hr SDWWG session at
    upcoming OGC TC meeting - Nottingham 2015-09-16T13:00:00
    (Wednesday afternoon)

    <joshlieberman> Best practice is best derived from practice...


      [22] http://www.opengeospatial.org/events/1509tcagenda

    Kerry: May also have SDWWG at Sydney OGC TC

    <phila> [23]http://www.opengeospatial.org/events/1509tcagenda

      [23] http://www.opengeospatial.org/events/1509tcagenda

    Phila: Suggestion to align call with TC meeting

    Kerry: Thank you all will add actions to tracker

    <phila> Meeting at Nottingham TC would start an hour earlier
    than normal and last 2 hours

    Bye !!

    <billroberts> thanks bye

    <joshlieberman> bye

    <Linda> bye!

    <Kostas> bye!

    <ChrisLit> apologies for next week

    <MattPerry> bye

    <ChrisLit> bye

Received on Wednesday, 12 August 2015 14:11:15 UTC