Re: Our methodology

> This puzzles me. It is after all the deliverables that form the scope.
> Requirements that are not specifically “spatial” (e.g. valid RDF) may still
> be important for developing good end products.

That is true. I think the question is how explicit we want to be about
non-functional requirements (that almost by definition are out of scope).
We could explain that although we are not listing non-functional
requirements in the UCR document, we do recognize their importance. By
doing that, we are at liberty to invoke non-functional requirements when
needed.

I remember this was discussed at the best practices meeting in Barcelona:
shoud we explicitely describe quality requirements? I remember there seemed
to be some agreement that this kind of requirement was too broad.

We could look at this issue in this way: Would we run a risk if we do not
make non-functional requirements explicit? If there is, we could add a
chapter to the UCR document for listing the non-functional requirements.
But up till now we have not done much to collect them.

Regards,
Frans

--
Frans Knibbe