From: Little, Chris [mailto:chris.little@metoffice.gov.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, 15 April 2015 8:53 PM
To: Frans Knibbe
Cc: SDW WG Public List
Subject: RE: Our methodology

Dear Frans,

I agree with your suggestions of what a use case could be.

I have always taken the view that there is a spectrum of use cases, starting with a story-like scenario, then a succession of more structured cases, with actors, agents, exceptions etc, finishing with test cases. The exact categories depend on the development methodology being used.

Ideally all should be kept and documented for the final review/lesson learnt.

Maybe we need some terminology to distinguish the use case iterations (Scenario, Requirements UC, Technology Dependant UC, Test case,…)?

Chris