From: Dirk Jan Venema <D.Venema@geonovum.nl>
Date: Tuesday, 23 May 2017 at 7:42 pm
To: "public-sdw-comments@w3.org" <public-sdw-comments@w3.org>
Subject: Metadata on sensor, actuator or sampler

Hi SDW – SSN,

I have been following the SSN developments for the last couple of months and I have not found much on metadata of the actual sensor. Contrary to O&M and ISO19115 which is metadata on the observations or measurements, I mean the metadata on a physical sensor, actuator or sampler. For example as is done in SensorML, see: http://www.sensorml.com/sensorML-2.0/examples/metadata.html. This could be metadata such as: name of the sensor, type, manufacturer, electrical requirements, start time, or measurement properties. Has any work been done on aligning SOSA to SWE / SensorML, or are there other options to link to metadata of a sensor, actuator or sampler?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Geonovum
Dirk Jan Venema
Adviseur

a: Barchman Wuytierslaan 10, 3818 LH Amersfoort
p: Postbus 508, 3800 AM Amersfoort
t:  + 31 (0)33 460 41 00    m:  + 31 (0)6 128 38 802
e:  d.venema@geonovum.nl<mailto:d.venema@geonovum.nl>
i:  www.geonovum..nl<http://www.geonovum.nl/>