Re: adding hypermedia to spatial data best practices

hello jeremy.

On 2015-07-27 02:44, Jeremy Tandy wrote:
> As one of the editors for the Best Practice doc, I will read through the
> two resources you cite in the hope that there will be less for me to
> write :-) ... seriously though, I will review and match your work
> against our formative requirements. Holiday season is upon us so rate of
> progress might be a little slow ...

no worries. and seriously from my side, i'd love to get feedback and
even requests for more detailed content for both resources. i see a lo0t
on confusion in the spectrum between linked data (which mandates a
specific model that not everybody necessarily wants to use) and no
guidance in which case the hypermedia aspect (imho the biggest value
proposition of the web by far, when combined with REST's uniform
interface constraint) often gets forgotten. thus my attempt to talk
about "web data" that focuses on what makes the web valuable, without
prescribing a specific path to realize that value.

thanks and cheers,

dret.

--
erik wilde | mailto:dret@berkeley.edu  -  tel:+1-510-2061079 |
            | UC Berkeley  -  School of Information (ISchool) |