Re: adding hypermedia to spatial data best practices

Thanks for your comments, do you have any pointers to the use of hypermedia
concepts in action that you think might be useful illustrations for us ?

Ed

On Sat, 25 Jul 2015 at 00:33 Erik Wilde <dret@berkeley.edu> wrote:

> hello.
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/NOTE-sdw-ucr-20150723/#BestPractices talks
> about the possible contents of a "Spatial Data on the Web Best
> Practices" document. it talks about recommending URIs as identifiers
> (good!), and recommending or even specifying REST APIs for spatial data
> on the web (good!). however, in between there should be explicit advice
> about making spatial data on web "webby", by which i mean hypermedia.
>
> i have been working on two (incomplete) resources, one explaining what
> "web data" is all about (https://github.com/dret/webdata), and the other
> one being more detailed in terms of possible features of hypermedia
> formats, and how they are supported in specific formats
> (https://github.com/dret/hyperpedia).
>
> i am not sure how detailed the best practices document will be, but it
> would be great to see it making at least some recommendations for
> spatial data to be webby, and maybe even explaining a bit what that
> actually entails.
>
> thanks and cheers,
>
> dret.
>
> ps: if there is a more appropriate forum to direct this feedback to
> (specifically, some form of issue tracker), please kindly let me know.
>
> --
> erik wilde | mailto:dret@berkeley.edu  -  tel:+1-510-2061079 |
>             | UC Berkeley  -  School of Information (ISchool) |
>             | http://dret.net/netdret http://twitter.com/dret |
>
> --

*Ed Parsons* Geospatial Technologist, Google

Mobile +44 (0)7825 382263
www.edparsons.com @edparsons