RE: [SecureContext] - throw or hide

From: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 21:13:55 +0000
To: Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, Richard Barnes <rbarnes@mozilla.com>
CC: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, Jonathan Watt <jwatt@jwatt.org>, Martin Thomson <mt@mozilla.com>, public-script-coord <public-script-coord@w3.org>
Adrian wrote:
> On Monday, March 21, 2016 7:46 AM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> > On 3/21/16 10:31 AM, Richard Barnes wrote:
> > > I'm not hearing anyone here calling for throwing at this point
> >
> > We also have no feedback from anyone from Apple, Google, or Microsoft, yes? >
>
> Working on getting you feedback from Microsoft today. +Travis

Thought I weighed in on this here: https://github.com/heycam/webidl/pull/65
And here: https://github.com/w3c/webappsec-secure-contexts/issues/6

But again, we'd strongly prefer a way to statically apply the [SecureContext] to an API (once, at creation time), rather than paying a runtime cost for checking and throwing.