Re: [SecureContext] - throw or hide

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 10:12:23 -0400
To: public-script-coord@w3.org
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 10:18 AM, Martin Thomson <mt@mozilla.com> wrote:
>> BTW, why choose yet-another venue for this discussion?
>
> I suspect Jonathan asked here since at least historically,
> public-script-coord was the place to get your API vetted. It's also
> used at times for IDL discussion and some of TC39 participate here.
> It's current state is a little dubious though.

I can't see the mail you're responding to, either in my inbox or in the
list archives...

But the answer is that I suggested this venue, and I suggested it
because we need a discussion venue that will actually reach people who
may want to have input into this, across multiple vendors, so we can
actually make a decision instead of flip-flopping back and forth like
we've been doing.  Github issues totally fail at this, in general,
unless people are watching all issues for a repo (and even then, the
signal to noise ratio in the resulting mails is so low they tend to be
mass-deleted so it's too easy to miss things).

If someone has a better suggestion for a venue which will actually cause
the relevant people from at least Apple, Microsoft, Google, and Mozilla
to be involved in the discussion, I'm all for it.

-Boris