Re: CfC: publish Candidate Recommendation of Web IDL Level 1; deadline December 9

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 13:08:13 -0500
To: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Cc: public-script-coord@w3.org
On 12/2/15 11:25 AM, Yves Lafon wrote:
> So same as http://heycam.github.io/webidl/ with maplike, setlike, [ImplicitThis], [Unscopeable], RegExp, FrozenArray and LegacyArrayClass removed.

OK, thanks.

> Note that the goal is not to produce a document to be used for implementors of WebIDL (who should follow the edcopy), but a reference of what is implemented at the time of its publication for writers of other specifications

A better way to phrase this might be that this is a reference for which
parts of IDL are expected to have stable syntax and semantics at this
point and should thus be used freely in specifications that use IDL.
Note that this is not dependent on implementation status per se, though
in practice implementation experience is typically needed to decide that
something is stable.

maplike and setlike are getting there, I think, but it's probably ok to
leave them out for the moment.