RE: CfC: publish Candidate Recommendation of Web IDL Level 1; deadline December 9

From: Yves Lafon [mailto:ylafon@w3.org]

> Note that the goal is not to produce a document to be used for
> implementors of WebIDL (who should follow the edcopy), but a reference of
> what is implemented at the time of its publication for writers of other
> specifications (and the SoTD has a paragraph about this, it may be clearer or
> more visible)

Given this as the goal, I object to the publication. We should not encourage other specifications to reference an unimplementable and unimplemented specification. And we should not publish such specifications in the first place.

I would rather see more resources spent on the current revision of Web IDL, and abandon v1 entirely as a historical artifact that serves no value.

I believe I raised these concerns last time a call for publication of Web IDL level 1 was issued, with if I recall no response.