Re: Determining what prototype should be used for an object

On 11/17/14, 10:03 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> Yes. It seems like Realm might be the only real variable for creation.
> Do we know of cases where we want a different Realm?

Different from what?

> I think finding an object's associated objects that need to be created
> should be done through IDL syntax. I think describing the internal
> slots would make a lot of sense for that

It would be the only way to do it, I'd think.  There's no current
syntactic construct that describes it....

Though we could auto-assume internal slots for object-valued attributes,
to reduce the amount of churn needed.

> So IDL's part of creation would be creating the desired object in the
> given/implied Realm and creating that object's associated objects in
> the same Realm.

Yes.