Re: [whatwg] Object.observe()able properties on the web platform

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 6:45 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 8/28/14, 4:39 PM, Travis Leithead wrote:
>> and Object.observe wouldn't help either.
>
> It _could_ help if you Object.observe the getComputedStyle's
> .backgroundColor.
>
> Actually implementing that could be pretty painful, though.  :(

I'm been visiting the Sydney office all week to discuss CSS
extensibility, we discussed this a few days ago. Listening for
property changes doesn't seem to be hard.  Doing it directly through
O.o might be, but the system already listens for computed value
changes in order to start transitions; checking for listeners and
queueing a task to call them wouldn't be expensive.

~TJ