Re: [WebIDL] Remove ArrayClass?

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 21:18:33 -0400
To: public-script-coord@w3.org
On 7/18/14, 5:21 PM, Dirk Schulze wrote:
> So far ArrayClass was just proposed for the legacy interface DOMRectList recently. In Gecko, ArrayClass is used for MediaLink

You mean MediaList.  Like the cssom spec says.

And we've had repeated requests to do it for NodeList as well.  I plan
to do it soon if I don't run into compat issues (which I don't expect to).

> It seems that most people strongly prefer sequences over ArrayClass.

Sure.  ArrayClass is only useful for legacy listlike interfaces.  And
then only for the ones without named getters.  But we should still make
those suck less than they do now.