Re: [geometry] DOMRectList with legacy

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 14:08:26 -0400
To: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
CC: Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>, "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>, FX <public-fx@w3.org>
On 7/17/14, 1:55 PM, Rik Cabanier wrote:
> WebKit does not implement [ArrayClass] so it would be more than 1 line
> for them.

Looks to me like Source/WebCore/bindings/scripts/CodeGeneratorJS.pm, in
the GenerateImplementation function, if you search for

         if ($hasParent && $parentClassName ne "JSC::DOMNodeFilter") {

in the else clause of that conditional it does:

             my $prototype = $interface->isException ? "errorPrototype"
: "objectPrototype";

Looking at Source/JavaScriptCore/runtime/JSGlobalObject.h, there's an
arrayPrototype() accessor there as well.  So modifying that "my
$prototype" line to also check whether $interface is flagged as
[ArrayClass] and if so using the arrayPrototype accessor should, I
suspect, be fairly straightforward.  I can't tell you how much work it
would be to expose whether $interface is thus flagged, of course.

And again, this needs to be done for MediaList anyway, so it's not like
it would be wasted effort.