RE: Exposing constructors of readonly interfaces to web authors

On Tue, 1 Jul 2014, Domenic Denicola wrote:

> I see several problems with the readonly class, at least in the DOMRect case:
>
> - It is not constructable
> - Its values can change through magic, but users cannot change them

Why are these bad?

(It's not magic, it's just that the object is implemented by the browser.)

The whole Web API works this way. Being consistent with how the Web works
seems relatively important for authoring sanity. It's what authors are
familiar with.