Re: FYI: Navigation Error Logging

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 3:56 PM, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org> wrote:
> This specification defines an interface to store and retrieve error data
> related to the previous navigations of a document:
>   http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/WD-navigation-error-logging-20140211/
>
> One question that we received recently is about using Promises instead of callbacks:
>  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-perf/2014Feb/0001.html

Yes, you want promises.

As said during your meeting in China, I'm not sure we can actually
expose more error information than just "network error". There's a
related thread on this here:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2014JanMar/thread.html#msg254

As also said during your meeting, I think this should be merged with
resource timing. Tracking resources that resulted in network errors
and resources that succeeded in different lists is annoying. If we're
going to have a list of fetched resources associated with a document
(have you figured out the scope yet?) we should just have one.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/