Re: Exposing constructors of readonly interfaces to web authors

From: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 12:52:59 +0000
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
CC: Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com>, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>, "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>

> On Jun 28, 2014, at 2:15 PM, "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 2:03 PM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:
>> DOMQuad can set the private rect object while its callers can not. That is the only thing that matters and needed to be proved here.
>
> I think you missed the point then.
>
> There's something that spawns a DOMQuad and that needs to remain
> linked to it somehow in order to update the properties as the layout
> changes. (It's not clear to me such liveness is desired by the way,
> especially for layout. Is this another legacy object?)

DOMQuad is not read only. It has 4 attributes that can be modified and affect the DOMRectReadOnly.

DOMQuad is a new interface and indeed part of general layout efforts that give authors more control and information over layout with JS. With the described behavior, a live object is reasonable IMO.

Greetings
Dirk