RE: Fetch API

From: Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 07:49:53 +0000
To: Takeshi Yoshino <tyoshino@google.com>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
CC: public-script-coord <public-script-coord@w3.org>, Joshua Bell <jsbell@chromium.org>, Jungkee Song <jungkee.song@samsung.com>, Yehuda Katz <wycats@gmail.com>, Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Jake Archibald <jaffathecake@gmail.com>, Tobie Langel <tobie.langel@gmail.com>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
For those who were not subscribed to public-webapps when that thread went down, here is the most convincing message:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2012AprJun/0150.html

I was previously in favor of keeping things simpler by just doing ArrayBuffer, as it feels more right to have APIs accept the “underlying buffer” instead of “just a view,” but that message changed my mind by giving a practical argument why that is not tenable.