Re: WindowProxy as the key in ES6 Set/Map/WeakSet/WeakMap

From: David Bruant <bruant.d@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 10:56:02 +0200
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>, Adam Barth <abarth@chromium.org>
CC: "Mark S. Miller" <erights@google.com>, Rick Waldron <waldron.rick@gmail.com>, Adam Klein <adamk@chromium.org>, "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>, Toon Verwaest <verwaest@chromium.org>
Le 16/04/2014 04:19, Boris Zbarsky a écrit :
> On 4/15/14 10:10 PM, Adam Barth wrote:
>> That's a slippery notion because sometimes |w| acts like the container
>> and sometimes it acts like the thing contained.
>
> Yes, this is a serious problem with the web platform. I wish we had
> distinct objects for "the navigation context" and "the global
> currently inside the navigation context".
As you suggested, the Document instance is a very good candidate for that.

> Again, my point is that this is a use case people will want a solution
> for.  We should aim for there being such a solution.
Is there a reason why `document` doesn't work?

David