Re: Reconciling handling of optional arguments and handling of default values across ES and webidl

Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> In some ways this whole discussion about .length is pointless, since
> in practice no one really cares about what .length is on functions, I
> suspect....  But if we're going to have this feature (.length on
> functions that's supposed to mean something) I think we should in fact
> have it mean something.

People do care, when making function wrappers that must mock up .length
correctly to inform some client that reflects on .length for whatever
reason. This came up on es-discuss recently:

August thread:
https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2013-August/033004.html
July thread:
https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2013-July/031971.html