Re: Unordered setsmaps, for when ordering is hard/expensive/unwanted?

On 9/2/13 12:50 PM, Brendan Eich wrote:
> The proposal is to enumerate properties in a canonical order

Which order?

> "insertion order" by some deterministic algorithm that inserts properties into the
> object in question (gCS's result, e.g.)

There is no such algorithm right now: determination of computed style is
not done via any particular serial algorithm.

In actual UAs at least in Gecko computed values for properties are
computed in a non-deterministic order (specifically, we compute them
lazily, so will compute them when someone akss) and in Servo I am hoping
we'll be able to compute them in parallel, so _definitely_ not in any
particular order.

Is your proposal to disallow such implementation strategies?