RE: Request for feedback: Filesystem API

From: Brendan Eich [mailto:brendan@secure.meer.net]

> Extensible Web Manifesto does *not* mean standardizing only block devices
> and reinvinting filesystems (poorly) in JS libraries on top!
>
> Does anyone disagree?
>
> Also, "syntactic sugar" is for programming languages. "Compound API" is not
> the same. But first let's agree that move is not compound, composite, or
> sugar.

Sorry if I came across too aggressively here, and `move` was clearly wrong-headed, as I explained in another reply. The thing I was trying to communicate was that we needed low-level FS primitives before high-level ones, not that we needed something that was lower-level than a FS at all. (Although, as Brian says, I think that would be quite interesting and useful to developers!)