Re: [WebIDL] Definition of "single operation interface" questions

Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> I have a few questions about the definition of "single operation
> interface" at
> http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#dfn-single-operation-interface :
>
> 1) Given that
> http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#dfn-callback-interface says:
>
> Callback interfaces MUST NOT have any have any consequential
> interfaces
>
> why is the second item in the bullet list needed?

I guess it's not, if I change the definition to "single operation
callback interface".

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/webapi/WebIDL/Overview.xml.diff?r1=1.653;r2=1.654;f=h
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/webapi/WebIDL/v1.xml.diff?r1=1.93;r2=1.94;f=h

> 2) Should static attributes prevent an interface from being a single
> operation interface? It's not obvious to me why, but per spec
> right now they do.

Static attributes (and operations) shouldn't be allowed on callback
interfaces at all.

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/webapi/WebIDL/Overview.xml.diff?r1=1.654;r2=1.655;f=h
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/webapi/WebIDL/v1.xml.diff?r1=1.94;r2=1.95;f=h

> 3) The "no others" in the last bullet point is ambiguous: does it
> mean "no other regular operations" or "no other operations"?
> This is related to item #2 above, of course.

Now that static operations are disallowed, the ambiguity should be resolved.