Re: ByteString in Web IDL

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 5:41 AM, Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org> wrote:
> I can't seem to find a strong trace of this, but I was under the impression
> that at some point we'd agreed that all legacy features in WebIDL should be
> prefixed with "legacy" (as in legacycaller). It's not a bad idea, I think
> people would definitely hesitate to plaster their new APIs with
> LegacyByteString.

As Jonas pointed out earlier, what would your solution be for APIs
accepting methods or header names/values? ByteString seems the most
convenient API-wise. Where ByteString is defined seems kinda
immaterial, but having it in IDL makes matters more descriptive when
you scan through the API.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/