Re: IDL: number types

On 3/25/13 10:45 AM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote:
> By definition, objects that are implementable in JS (without using
> proxies) won't need to be exotic objects.

Very few DOM objects need proxies to implement, as far as I can tell.
In Gecko's WebIDL implementation, only objects with named or indexed
getters need proxy stuff.

Of course DOM objects do involve some internal per-object data that's
not directly exposed to the web page.  But that's implementable in JS
using closures or weakmaps (and in fact jQuery has similar internal
data, as an example).

-Boris