Re: html template string handler WAS: E4H and constructing DOMs

2013/3/11 Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>:
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 1:25 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 1:12 PM, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com> wrote:
>> I believe that supporting attribute names, and perhaps tagnames, from
>> inputs is also sufficiently useful and easy to secure.
>
> Those seem pretty dangerous.  That lets the attacker choose things
> like "onclick" and "script", which might lead to script execution.

I've seen this requested to satisfy two usecases.  <h{...}> can be
used to create hierarchical structures from nested data, and <button
onkey{...}> can be used to workaround platform idiosyncrasies that
cause developers to want to catch keypress events on some browsers and
keydown on others..