Re: A design for Futures/Promises in DOM

[+kriskowal]

Hi Alex, there is a strawman <
http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:concurrency> that has
co-evolved through these discussions to be largely compatible with Promises
A+, Q, and DOMFuture where they overlap. As several have advised, this page
should be broken up into modular pieces. Also, we should recognize the
great work Domenic and Kris have done co-evolving Promises/A+ <
https://github.com/promises-aplus> and Q <https://github.com/kriskowal/q>.
Through these discussions and others, they have effectively served as an
informal but working standards process.

Part of your DOMFuture idl says "Compatibility with existing
promises/futures/deferreds libraries or terminology is a non-goal." When I
first read this, my inclination was to write off DOMFuture as irrelevant.
Clearly if such compatibility is a non-goal, then those other efforts
(including my own) should treat compatibility with DOMFuture as a non-goal.
Fortunately, you managed the DOMFuture discussions in practice in a
reasonable and productive manner, such that all sides could treat
convergence as a mutual goal, which I believe we've already largely
achieved. I think we're close.

--
    Cheers,
    --MarkM