Re: [cssom] Proposal for obtaining robust style information via Javascript - getStyle()

On 9/02/13 2:23 PM, Garrett Smith wrote:
> I missed that thread. Why is it bad to have functions that have
> additional properties?

Actually it was "objects that are typeof 'object' but which are
callable" are a bad thing, since it is not possible to implement objects
like this without magic.  But this computedStyle proposal wouldn't need
to have typeof being 'object', so it wouldn't be as bad.  I would still
contend though that it is an uncommon API style and could be confusing.