Re: Interaction between WebIDL operations and ES6 proxies

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 5:54 PM, David Bruant <bruant.d@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can observed that Firefox first pulls all array values, (then runs an
> algorithm of its own), then puts them back sorted in one batch. Before
> proxies, this kind of things couldn't be observed.

Is the expectation that these scripts yield the same result across
implementations? E.g. what if an implementation detects the array is
already sorted and does not need modification, should it still set?

> I would like to believe this is an exception, but probably not. I think
> every spec will have to specify how the algorithms interact when being
> passed proxies to the object they're supposed to interact with.

I thought a large part of the motivation for proxies was about being
able to do the kind of things that happen in API land. If that is not
feasible, or at least not in all cases, what is left?

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/