Re: [whatwg] Need to define same-origin policy for WebIDL operations/getters/setters

Le 16/12/2012 02:33, Jonas Sicking a écrit :
> An "easy" solution would be to just return null for .contentDocument
> in the case of cross-origin iframes.
It might be a solution for the specific problem Boris showed, but he
described a more generic problem. For instance:

     <iframe src="http://w3.org"></iframe>
     <script>
     window.onload = function () {
         var docGetter = Object.getOwnPropertyDescriptor(window,
'document').get;

         var win = document.querySelector("iframe").contentWindow;
         var iframeDoc = docGetter.call(win);
     }
     </script>

This should blow up (and certainly do in engines where document is
reflected as an accessor), but per WebIDL, I think iframeDoc is the
iframe document regardless of the iframe origin. This is because the
attribute getter algorithm doesn't care about the origin which is what
Boris is worried about.

WebIDL needs to embed in some way the notion of origin to enable
throwing for security reasons in the right places.

One idea would be to add an [OriginAware] extended attribute:
* On operations (like in Boris case), an origin check would be performed
before calling the core of the operation
* On attributes, both the getter and setter would throw if "this" is not
of the right origin.
* On interfaces, it would apply to everything (might be necessary for
Window and Document)

David