Re: [WebIDL] Allowing specifications to opt in to throwing on sets of enumerated attributes to invalid values

> So https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/audio/raw-file/tip/webaudio/specification.html
> (is that the correct version?)

Such as it is, yes.

> does not state that these attributes
> throw. It seems to state very little in terms of conformance criteria
> in fact.

Yup.  What's there is a mess.  It's being worked on, and this is one of
the desired clarifications.

Note that I'm more interested in having this use enum than in it
throwing per se, myself, but I'm not the spec editor here.

> Is that because the person writing the
> specification simply disagrees with prior API art

That's one reason it's an uphill battle to get them to use WebIDL enum
in the first place, yes.

> or is there a legitimate reason?

Frankly, I think the prior API art here is broken, and I think the
WebAudio spec editors think that too.  Now obviously for existing APIs
that's water under the bridge...