Re: [TreatNonCallableAsNull] alternative?

On Tuesday, 6 March 2012 at 04:24, Cameron McCormack wrote:

> Marcos Caceres:
> > That would be nice … [TreatNonCallableAsNull]'s behaviour is actually
> > quite nice and forgiving (which is why I wanted to use it in the
> > first place).
>
> Which event listener attributes do we actually *need* it for currently?

http://specs.wacapps.net/webview/#the-onclose-attribute

(yes, I know it's not part of the Web Platform… a man's gotta pay his bills somehow :( )

> Is it a set that might creep to become bigger? Consistency across all
> event listener attributes seems nice to me, but I admit it is trading
> off against hiding authoring errors.

I can see what you mean. I guess my perspective is that I got used to the [TreatNonCallableAsNull] behaviour over many years... so I kinda see it's behaviour as a feature, not a bug.
> Regardless, I don't think we want to allow [TreatNonCallableAsNull]
> behaviour elsewhere. It's not consistent with how type conversion is
> done elsewhere.

I know; but these "event handler IDL attributes" are kind of a special case with a long legacy.