Re: [Webidl] Remove links to ECMASCript PDF document

(12/02/23 22:59), Marcos Caceres wrote:
> As the ECMAScript spec is a PDF document, it's really annoying trying to find the sections mentioned in the spec.... And PDFs are generally a pain to view/search in a Web browser, as they are designed for print, etc.
>
> For the sake of accessibility, and usability, and sanity of those that need to use this spec on a daily basis, could I kindly request that all references in WebIDL to ECMAScript be changed to point to:
>
> http://es5.github.com/

In general I am in favor of HTML too. My only concern is that the GitHub
version might not be the latest version and people might get confused
somehow. Being someone who filed a bug about es5.github.com being
outdated, I am sure there are differences.

Having said that, I don't find [1] useful too. Linking to the wiki
page[2] might actually be better, as it has links to all versions of ES5
and drafts of ES6.

[1] http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-262.htm
[2] http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php

Cheers,