Re: New full Unicode for ES6 idea

Le 19/02/2012 22:57, Anne van Kesteren a écrit :
> On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 21:29:48 +0100, David Bruant <bruant.d@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> I think a CSP-like solution should be explored.
>
> FWIW, the feedback on CORS (CSP-like) thus far has been that it's
> quite hard to set up custom headers.
Do you have reference on this feedback? Under which circumstances is it
hard?
One major annoyance I see in HTTP headers is that I have never heard of
an hosting service allowing to choose the HTTP your services is served
with and that's problematic. <meta http-equiv> is of some help to
provide the feature without having control over the HTTP response, but
in some cases, we want the HTTP header to mean something that is
document-wise and a <meta> can be too late.

> So for something as commonly used as JavaScript I'm not sure we'd want
> to require that. And although more difficult, if we want <meta> it can
> be made to work, it's just more complicated than simply defining a
> name and a value. But maybe it should be something simpler, e.g.

> in the top-level browsing context's document.
I'm not sure it solves anything since a script could be the first thing
an HTML renderer comes across, even before a doctype, even before an
My guess would be that the HTML spec defines that this script should be
executed even if the "<script>" opening tag are the first bytes of the
document.

David