Re: [WebIDL] Remove string constants

> I would expect if we ever decide on some API that needs to work with the
> HTML/SVG/MathML namespaces we would use simple prefixes for them. E.g.
> "svg:svg", "html:a", etc. I'm personally not convinced at least that
> namespaces are a good use case for string constants. And since there is
> no such API currently we can always add this feature later may the need
> arise.

My question was more about a general class of feature -- constants where
the identifier of the constant isn't just the same as the constant value
itself (uppercased) -- rather than constants for XML namespaces
specifically.

But indeed there isn't any concrete need for string constants currently,
so OK, they're gone.

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/webapi/WebIDL/Overview.xml.diff?r1=1.417;r2=1.418;f=h

For completeness, please indicate whether this resolution is acceptable.

Thanks,

Cameron