Re: [WebIDL] Make [AllowAny] the default?

On Tue, 06 Dec 2011 06:14:36 +0100, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
wrote:
> If we proceed with changing the overload resolution algorithm as
> proposed in the other thread, then I think we should drop [AllowAny] and
> then you can just rely on the ordering of the operations on the
> interface to influence which overload is chosen when a non-matching type
> is passed.  WDYT?

Okay, that means I can no longer order them in alphabetical order, but
that really does not matter :-) It does seem somewhat weird that the order
matters, but otherwise the type would matter, which would also be weird.

Having said that, for unions (not introduced yet) you also need this. So
there I assume that "Node or DOMString" means everything will be DOMString
if not Node. (In fact, in case of XMLHttpRequest we could describe send()
as a union too, there's no particular need for overloading there.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/