Re: [Webidl] editorial comments

Again, snipped comments I agreed with and changed accordingly.

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/webapi/WebIDL/Overview.html.diff?r1=1.366;r2=1.367;f=h

I will assume these changes are acceptable unless I hear otherwise.

Thanks,

Cameron

On 24/08/11 11:05 AM, timeless wrote:
>> Let O be the result of constructing a new object of class C.
>> When invoking the constructor, the result of converting M to a
>> java.lang.String object to is used as the constructor's sole argument,
>
> s/constructor's/constructor’s/

You are as picky as I am there. :)

> http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#changes
>
>> Made calling an ECMAScript Function that corresponds to an IDL
>> operation throw a TypeError if the this value isn't an object
>
> you could s/isn't/isn’t/ -- i haven't built up a full model, it seems
> like you only use `'` marks in<code>.

Yeah.

> http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#es-unsigned-long-long
>
>> If the unsigned long long is less than to 2^53 − 1
>
> s/to// or s/to/or equal to/ -- dunno, it matters

≤ seems to be correct.

> technically "omittable" should probably be "omissible", but, that'd be
> a language change. otoh, it's kinda like http-referrer :(

Huh, you're right!  I am not sure that anybody is using it, so maybe we
should just remove it.

(part 2)

> http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#java-operations
>
> The method has an argument for each type, in order, that is in types.
>
> s/that/which/ (according to MS Word)

It's probably guessing that based on the comma that precedes it but it's
just there set off the parenthetical "in order".  Not changing this one.