Re: Interactions between optional and nullable

On Dec 8, 2009, at 9:17 AM, Robin Berjon wrote:

> Admittedly, at some point we should just use an options map. But
> some cases seem to still want positional.

Could you give some real-world examples?

IMHO "idiomatic JS" does not abuse positional parameters to let either
or both be optional, requiring programmers to pass null. Trailing
parameters in increasing order of optionality are common (this is not
really an idiom, or at least not one peculiar to JS); otherwise an
object with optional properties is often passed:

d.foo({bar: myBar, foo: myFoo});
d.foo({bar: otherBar});
d.foo({foo: someFoo});

/be