Re: html for scholarly communication: RASH, Scholarly HTML or Dokieli?

Hi,

I agree. I don't think to have hundreds of tags, but rather the opposite. And then, we can also use existing standards - e.g. DPUB-ARIA - for characterising better the actual semantics of a particular structure by specifying appropriate @roles.

I'm not particularly worried about in-text reference pointers (or in-text citations, as Johannes wrote) right now. But yes, they should be handled in such SH-CG I believe. Something to discuss after the article analysis for sure.

For answering Peter: SH-CG should provide a "standard" way of using a minimal set of HTML tags for describing a scholarly article (independently from the discipline in consideration), and should be enough flexible - e.g. via RDFa - to allow users to assign specific discipline-oriented semantics to the various tags.

Have a nice day :-)

S.