Re: Early draft is up

On 17/03/2016 21:22 , Gareth Oakes wrote:
> Firstly I agree that it would be very helpful to build a validation rule
> set for this, as an expression of the boundaries of ScholarlyHTML. I
> know it’s a bit early to have it all nailed down at this stage, and
> would certainly take concerted effort.

A first step for this would be to use the HTML validator. It's not
constraining enough, but it would certainly already catch issues. The
only problem with that is that it only supports RDFa Lite, whereas SH
uses a little bit of RDFa Full. Ideally, I'd like to get rid of that and
rely only on Lite — input on achieving this welcome.

A second step would be to only validate the structure and not details
about the way in which the overlaid semantics are conveyed. Again, it
would not get anything, but it's a first step. The section+hunk outline
of an article should not be much of a challenge for RNG, but it's worth
thinking about whether unsupported content should be ignored or
signalled in validation.

--
• Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/ - @robinberjon
• http://science.ai/ — intelligent science publishing