Re: elements for basic academic articles

Hi,

I'm not sure if I follow the logic here - surely it would be simpler for
authors to specify heading levels directly, and have a machine add the
section markup! That way you can restructure a document by changing one tag
(better, still use Markdown). This is actually one of the strongest
features of the word processing model where styles imply hierarchy, there
is an outline, and you can change it very easily using styles and see it
immediately reflected in the outline view, or change the outline view and
see a change in the WYSIWYG mode.

Is hand-authoring of HTML even a goal? I am not sure we should be looking
to support that - all of the examples I've seen of the latest scholarly
HTML look far to complicated for that.

pt

--
Peter Sefton +61410326955 pt@ptsefton.com http://ptsefton.com