Re: Group Goals

I agree it's very valuable to have a set of goals - we had 10 during the
W3C development of XML and many of us found them very useful.  Here are 5
of those, amended for SH:

    It shall be easy to write programs which process SH documents.

    The number of optional features in SH is to be kept to the absolute
minimum.

    SH documents should be human-legible and reasonably clear.

    The SH design should be prepared quickly.

    SH documents shall be easy to create.

I'm not suggesting we adopt these verbatim, but see if the approach of
short goals is a useful one.

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 4:13 AM, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:

> I would like to discuss the group's goals (since that has been brought
> up a few times already). These are all up for discussion, I am using a
> declarative style solely for readability.
>
> The primary goal of the group is to define and establish a format for
> the interoperable exchange of scholarly articles. For the purposes of
> discussion we are calling this format "Scholarly HTML" or "SH" for
> short. This does not mean that it needs to be identical to one of the
> existing formats with that name.
>
> Additional goals may include: common styling constructs for SH
> documents, authoring tools and formats for SH, integration between SH
> and other parts of the Web or scholarly ecosystems, general good
> practices in the creation of HTML vernaculars, integration between SH
> and ebooks (most notably E0), etc.
>
> --
> • Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/ - @robinberjon
> • http://science.ai/ — intelligent science publishing