From: Lisa Powelson <lisa@lmpowelsonconsulting.com>
Sent: Thursday, 3 October 2024 12:16 AM
To: public-schemaorg@w3.org
Subject: Assistance Needed for Structured Data Markup for B2B

Dear Schema.org Team,

I am reaching out to request assistance in understanding the best markup strategy for B2B products so that Google can effectively capture and understand them. While I understand that schema.org itself does not require product pricing or reviews for markup, I've found that Google appears to rely heavily on this data to show product information in search results. For B2B companies, this seems unfair as our pricing structures are often too complex to list in a straightforward way.

It seems reasonable that structured data for products, product groups, product models, etc., should still be crawled and understood by Google, even without specific price and review information. However, I have struggled to find clear guidance on how best to implement structured data for B2B products in a way that allows for accurate crawling and representation in search results.

I have conducted extensive research, including contacting W3C, searching schema and SEO forums, and reviewing how other businesses handle this issue, but most of the information I have encountered is speculative at best.

Could you kindly provide guidance or direct me to any resources that explain how B2B companies can structure their product data to ensure it is picked up by search engines like Google? I'm particularly interested in understanding how to work within these constraints to best represent our product information.

I appreciate your help.

Lisa Powelson

M  404.514.9673
E lisa@lmpowelsonconsulting.com<mailto:lisa@lmpowelsonconsulting.com>