Re: The Existence, Presence, Fictitiousness of a Thing as a Property?

Hi,

I think it's easy to find that information.

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aschema.org+train

Cheers,
Hans

On June 21, 2022 12:16:14 AM GMT+02:00, Michael Arnwine <vsmike2500@gmail.com> wrote:
>One question, does schema.org support the transportation industry.  I am
>looking for a standard that support this domain.  Specifically in air,
>rail, road, and oceanic.
>
>On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 3:52 PM Jason Pelish <jason@massiveimpressions.com>
>wrote:
>
>> Ahh that explains why it wasn't described as a sub-type. Lol.
>> As a Property, Character uses Person in context. But what if I am curating
>> a page dedicated to a character, where the MainEntity is only the
>> character?
>> Is Abraham Lincoln a "character"? Most people, using the fictional
>> definition of character, would say "no". And if all you had was the SD
>> definitions currently you'd probably conclude "no" to the same question.
>>
>> But what about "Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter"? Is that a character now
>> because a role we can all agree is fictional is applied to him? All this
>> grey area and interpretation would make the process of concluding
>> "character or not character" difficult to program or develop a flowchart
>> around.
>>
>> Again, thanks for clarifying that. đź‘Ť
>> -JP
>>
>> Jason Pelish
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 20, 2022, 2:15 PM Martin Bean <martin@martinbean.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> “character” isn’t a type. It’s a *property* of the CreativeWork type. If
>>> you look at https://schema.org/character, it says that values are still
>>> expected to be of the type Person.
>>>
>>> On 20 Jun 2022, at 19:09, Jason Pelish <jason@massiveimpressions.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thank you for pointing that out.  I was not aware of Character. In fact,
>>> I believed Person had no sub-types. What would be the name for a Person who
>>> isn't a character.
>>>
>>> I was thinking about this more in the context of Patanjali's sutras on
>>> types of Knowledge and whether knowledge is first hand or second hand.
>>>
>>> I was thinking about these qualifications, these values for a
>>> yet-to-be-named Property of Thing:
>>>
>>> The general idea is that the existence of things should be qualified.
>>>
>>> In cases of publishing SD the publisher is aware of existence of the
>>> thing being described via:
>>> A. 3rd or greater party accounts & testimony
>>> B. Direct 2nd hand testimony from people with first hand experience.
>>> C. 1st hand experience of a said thing