Re: Permit external JSON-LD files?

Currently Google expects structured data (all formats - microdata, rdfa
too...) to be inline, or injected inline by Javascript.

There may be a case for externalising per-page data into distinct files,
but there are some subtleties - e.g. why not just have one big JSON-LD file
for the site, or chunks of it (see rough draft at
https://schema.org/docs/feeds.html).