Re: Dataset Schema Publisher Object

On Thu, 11 Nov 2021 at 16:24, Lewis, Joanna <Joanna.Lewis@ext.ons.gov.uk>
wrote:

> Hi There,
>

> I work for the Office for National Statistics in the UK and we are trying
> to fix errors in Google Search Console where the error ‘Invalid object type
> for field ‘publisher’ is being reported.
>

> We’ve changed and tested it in Google’s Rich Results Test with
> ‘Organization’ rather than ‘GovernmentOrganization’ and the error
> disappears. We also checked schema.org/Dataset and it does say that
> ‘publisher’ only supports ‘Organization’ and ‘Person’.
>
> Given that we are a government organisation, does anyone know why only
> these two publisher types are supported?

Hi Joanna,

I've just raised this with my relevant colleagues, and suspect the issue
might ultimately have been my fault as I drafted the first version of our
validation rules for this. Will let you know as I learn more.

While we're here, would you care to share any examples with this group, of
how ONS are using Schema.org and related standards? Are you also using
CSVW? (https://csvw.org/)

cheers,

Dan