Re: Schema for scientific analysis samples

Hi Jason,

Are you aware of the work in this area by the Bioschemas community?
https://bioschemas.org/

We have been developing extensions to Schema.org to represent entities of interest to the life sciences community. An initial set of these has been proposed to be included within Schema.org.
https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/pull/2711

We also have an initial draft of a BioSample type
https://bioschemas.org/types/BioSample/0.1-RELEASE-2019_06_19/
Bioschemas - 0.1 Release 2019_06_19<https://bioschemas.org/types/BioSample/0.1-RELEASE-2019_06_19/>
BioSample (Type) Version: 0.1-RELEASE-2019_06_19 (2019-06-14) Profile: Latest Draft: BioSample (version 0.1-DRAFT-2019_11_12) If you spot any errors or omissions with this type, please file an issue in our GitHub.. Description Contributors Links Contributors
bioschemas.org

We have deliberately not tried to include all details, but to focus on the most pertinent for discovery on the Web.

Best regards

Alasdair

--
Alasdair J G Gray
Associate Professor in Computer Science,

Email: A.J.G.Gray@hw.ac.uk<mailto:A.J.G.Gray@hw.ac.uk>
Web: http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~ajg33
ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-5711-4872
Office: Earl Mountbatten Building 1.39
Twitter: @gray_alasdair

Heriot-Watt is a global University, as a result my working hours may not be your working hours. Do not feel pressure to reply to this email outside your working hours.

To arrange a meeting: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/AlasdairGray@heriotwatt.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/