From: Thomas Francart <thomas.francart@sparna.fr>
Date: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 at 10:40
Subject: "same document" / "republishes" / "same content" ?
Hello

In the context of the extension of the https://schema.org/Legislation schema (see https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues/2484, and the background pointers from here), we may need to express the following situation : a legislation can be published in multiple official journals. It can be the case for a national official journal that publishes EU legislation, or it can be the case of national legislations being republished in the regional official journals of autonomous territories.

In ELI (https://op.europa.eu/en/web/eu-vocabularies/eli), a metadata model for legislation, a specific property "eli:is_another_publication_of" deals with this.

I suspect this situation of "the same content is being published at multiple places, and we want to point to them" is not so uncommon.

I'm wondering how this would be captured in http://schema.org.
• My first idea was to use schema:exampleOfWork to link both works ("A creative work that this work is an example/instance/realization/derivation of."); however as the description of Legislation already uses it to encode a FRBR conceptual hierarchy (Legislation in general > Specific version of a Legislation > Specific translation of a Legislation), so this would conflict;
• This is not a schema:sameAs, neither schema:mainEntityOfPage;
• Using a PublicationEvent ? something that would say "this New CreativeWork was published through this PublicationEvent (schema:publication) which used as a source an existing CreativeWork ? (~ schema:workFeatured ? or another new property)". This is seducing.
Any other idea ? was similar problematic adressed in the bib extension ?

Cheers
Thomas

--

Thomas Francart - SPARNA
Web de données | Architecture de l'information | Accès aux connaissances