Re: Attribution

Hi Brendan,

That's great!  However...

Did you take a look at the link I gave for Creative Commons and examples of
Attribution elements?
https://wiki.creativecommons.org/wiki/License_Versions#Attribution-specific_elements
Attribution can contain copyright notices.
Everything in your example picture is an existing element in Attribution.

TASL is the common term used.  Attribution should contain:  *T*itle, *A*uthor,
*S*ource, *L*icense
https://wiki.creativecommons.org/wiki/best_practices_for_attribution

In general, Attribution is the broader of just saying "a copyright notice",
which is just one of its possible elements.
And why Attribution is needed in Schema.org; to allow publishers to provide
structure for not only simple Text string for Attribution, but have single
property on CreativeWork to expect that new Type, and show relationships
for those mentioned Attribution properties.

If you inject a "legal" aspect here... you could say that Attribution is a
legal requirement under many kinds of licenses.  But it is not a structured
element itself of a license, but instead a condition or requirement.

Different:  describing a License with structured data and describing
Attribution with structured data.
For describing a License, we have those existing Types and Properties in
Schema.org available.
For describing Attribution, there exists already RDF vocabulary in
https://creativecommons.org/schema.rdf  (Examples:
https://wiki.creativecommons.org/wiki/CC_REL)

We just need to add Attribution to Schema.org to complete the picture. ;-)

Thad
https://www.linkedin.com/in/thadguidry/