Re: sch:rangeIncludes / sch:domainIncludes vs rdfs:range / rdfs:domain

Hello

They are not the same.
rdfs:range and rdfs:domain have precise logical entailment that
sch:domainIncludes and sch:rangeIncludes don't have :

   - if P rdfs:range X
   - and x1 P x2
   - then x2 is a X

(Every value of P is automatically considered an X). As SDO defines
multiple possibilities for the values of some properties (e.g. funder is
Organization or Person), and does not want to have the kind of logical
entailment that domain and range have, and always allow text as a value for
a property, specific properties have been redefined.

Cheers
Thomas

--

*Thomas Francart* -* SPARNA*
Web de *données* | Architecture de l'*information* | Accès aux